Madison Parke LLC
JOB DESCRIPTION | SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Title: Service Technician
Reports to: Community Manager
Madison Parke is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status or physical or mental disability. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be subject to U.S. law).
Service Technicians are responsible for the overall maintenance operations of the property and for exceeding Madison Parke's Standard of Service as it relates to resident and customer satisfaction.
- Assist in managing expenses within budget through inventory control and purchasing procedures.
- Inspect units during move in and move out, ensuring that the appropriate deductions are taken from security deposits.
- Report any charges associated with service requests so that resident can be properly billed.
General Administrative / Office:
- Serve as a positive representative of the property, the Management Company and clients at all times.
- At the beginning of each morning shift, report to the Service Manager to receive daily assignments.
- Maintain a professional image, positive attitude and adhere to dress code and uniform requirements.
- Communicate frequently with the Service Manager on vital needs of the community.
- Enforce lease and other government rules and regulations, including Fair Housing laws, building safety, health codes and local ordinances.
- Ensure all reports are completed on time and accurately.
- Enter all work into software system in a timely manner.
- Adhere to safe work practices and standards.
- Assist in maintaining the property' s business/leasing office in a neat, orderly and businesslike manner at all times with regularly scheduled office hours per established procedures.
- Use all company equipment in a responsible manner and in accordance with its operational guidelines.
- Attend scheduled management meetings and complete all required training.
- Report all liability and property incidents to the Service Manager immediately.
- Complete any pertinent safety checklists and/or inspections.
Management, Recruiting and Employee Development:
- Adhere to personnel policies, departmental policies, and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Motivate other employees by communicating company philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Assist in conducting orientation for on-site employees and encourage continued education.
- Maintain positive employee relationships and help to create a positive work environment.
- Promote teamwork to achieve common goals.
Customer Service, Leasing and Marketing:
- Address resident's maintenance concerns in a professional and timely manner.
- Communicate to residents verbally and in writing in a friendly and professional manner at all times.
- Assist the management and leasing team with occasionally detailing model units, putting out balloons/bandit signs/banners, delivering resident notices, etc.
- General Repair and Maintenance Including Grounds Maintenance:
- Ensure service requests are responded to within 24 hours and communicate to the Service Manager when the issue cannot be resolved in a timely manner.
- Physically walk and inspect property on a regular basis, including vacant units. Conduct property inspections, including move in, housekeeping, and grounds in order to assure adherence to established standards.
- Oversee maintenance of the grounds, trash container areas, and common areas. Do not allow any trash or debris to accumulate. Breezeways, stairwells and light fixtures should be kept clean and free of debris, bugs, cobwebs, etc.
- Inspect and clean amenities daily, including emptying trash cans, cleaning lint filters in laundry equipment, making repairs as necessary, etc.
- Oversee all work associated with the upkeep and maintenance of the building and grounds.
- Inspect and ensure all vacant apartments are cleaned and made ready for showing and occupancy in a timely manner, being mindful, too of the established monthly budget for make ready turns.
- Communicate all resident service requests to the leasing office promptly and close or turn in requests immediately upon completion.
- Report warranty items to the Service Manager and follow up for prompt repairs.
- When scheduled, be available for emergency calls and respond promptly, adhering to Madion Parke's policy in place for after-hour emergency calls.
- Maintain any required OSHA and MSDS records.
- Maintain a neat and organized workshop area free of clutter and debris. Upon completion of a maintenance task, all tools and excess supplies shall be cleaned up and stored properly.
- Regular maintenance of the building exteriors, building interiors and common areas include, but are not limited to, pressure washing, painting and maintenance of all building systems such as gutters and downspouts, roof drainage systems, French drain systems, surface water management systems, fire alarm systems, fire extinguishers, fire sprinkler systems, signage, laundry centers, playgrounds, tennis courts, sports courts, and any other common areas, etc.
- Conduct monthly inspection of all property systems.
- Complete and document preventative maintenance program for resident apartments, vacant units, common area spaces and equipment.
- Participate in inspection of units to determine the need for preventative and restorative repairs.
- Maintain proper amounts of parts and supplies in-stock in a well-organized and clean manner following the purchasing guidelines of the company.
- Report questionable activity, unsanitary conditions, unauthorized occupants and/or pets to the Community Manager.
- Communicate information to residents with well-written and professional notices.
- Assist in and attend resident activities.
- Ensure new residents are moving into an apartment that has been completely made ready.
- Ensure departing residents' units are properly inspected after move out so that all damage costs are assessed and charged appropriately.
- Address resident concerns regarding maintenance promptly and professionally and, when necessary, communicate those to the Service Manager.
- Participate in any court hearings and/or appeals as needed.
- Knowledge of property management policies and procedures as it relates to maintenance operations.
- Ability to read, understand and work from sketches and blueprints.
- Possess strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Have a general understanding of Fair Housing and knowledge of other laws that apply to property management,such
- as Fair Credit Reporting Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Landlord Tenant Law, OSHA Standards, local and state building codes.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to perform at high levels in a fast-paced work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands.
- Possess excellent conflict resolution skills, with the ability to address difficult or sensitive issues in a compassionate yet straightforward manner.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, superiors, residents, community service agencies and the public.
- Skilled in communicating with all types of people in a wide variety of situations.
This document describes the general nature and level of work required of people assigned to this job. It is not tended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by supervisory personnel. The employee must adhere to all work rules, procedures, and policies established by the company, including, but not limited to, those contained in the employee handbook.
- Education: High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience: Minimum of one year maintenance experience, preferably in residential property management or combination of education and experience.
- Physical: Ability to lift, push and pull and carry up to 110 pounds. Physical elements of the job may require frequent standing and walking,squatting,reaching,stooping, climbing stairs/ladders, balancing and carrying.
- Valid driver's license and reliable personal automobile for local job related travel.
- Possession of tools needed to perform routine maintenance tasks.
- Willingness to help and work in areas other than maintenance, such as janitorial, gardening, etc.
- Formal training or experience in the following areas required: carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, refurbishing.
- HVAC Certification preferred.
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) and/or Certified Apartment Maintenance Tech (CAMT) a plus!
Preferred Years Of Experience:2 Year(s)
Share On :