VOESTALPINE RAILWAY SYSTEMS NORTRAK LLC
voestalpine Railway Systems Nortrak is North America’s leading designer and manufacturer of special trackwork. We are the technology leader in the trackwork Industry.
We are looking for an Maintenance Technician to join our Chicago Heights team.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- Responsible for preventative maintenance, diagnosis and repair of all mechanical hydraulics, electrical, CNC electronics on manufacturing machinery, material handling systems, cranes, forklifts, dust collection system and the physical system. Layout, installation and start-up of project work. Organization and maintenance of a spare parts inventory.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Able to diagnose and make mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and electronic repairs on all manufacturing machinery, material handling systems and equipment, dust collection system and physical facility
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Adhere to Nortrak’s Environmental Procedures, Practices and Policies
WORK EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Experience in Railroad Industry is a plus
- Ability to add and subtract whole numbers, fractions, and decimals
- Able to work with little supervision
- Safely operate jib and overhead cranes
- Welding, Forklift and Crane certification preferred
- Ability to read work order, ITP's, blueprints, ruler, and tape measure
- Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms
- Required to stand for long periods of time, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or climb
- Regularly lift and move up to 10-15 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 70 pounds
Get Your Career On Track
voestalpine Railway Systems Nortrak, with ten production facilities across Canada, the US, and Mexico, is North America’s leading designer and manufacturer of special trackwork for the railway industry. As the industry’s technology leader, we take pride in providing superior products, excellent customer service, and unbeatable engineering design services to our customers. We are committed to bringing innovative solutions, products, and services to our customers across rail freight and transit segments.
voestalpine Railway Systems Nortrak ("Nortrak”) is a subsidiary of voestalpine AG (www.voestalpine.com) one of Europe’s premier steel producers with over 50,000 employees worldwide. Nortrak is closely affiliated with voestalpine’s Railway Systems group which operates in 21 countries across the globe to provide cutting-edge system-based solutions to railroads and transits. Our website is https://www.voestalpine.com/nortrak/en/
Safety is our #1 commitment to our employees and Quality is our #1 commitment to our customers.
At Nortrak, we strive for excellence. Exceeding customer expectations is one of our core values. Our reputation is based on our successful track record. We work as a team to proactively solve problems, rigorously comply with standards, continuously improve our products and technical competencies, consistently do what we say we do and encourage open dialogue with customers.
We are proud to recognize and celebrate the safety achievements of our teams across the company and work hard to ensure safety remains a vital part of our culture. We focus on taking care of each other and providing our colleagues to go home safe and healthy every single day.
We value an open, encouraging, family-oriented environment that supports learning, career growth, and development.
voestalpine Railway Systems Nortrak employees enjoy a generous benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance, retirement plan with a generous matching contribution, Employee Assistance Program, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, wellness programs , and competitive vacation benefits.
voestalpine Railway Systems Nortrak is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, and any other federal, state, or locally protected classifications.
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :