Maintenance team members repair and troubleshoot food processing equipment to include: stuffers, vacuum pumps, mixers, grinders, packaging machinery, conveyors, hydraulic units, multivacs, and ovens. All of this equipment helps deliver Good Food, Responsibly to America's dinner table. Maintenance team members at Smithfield do hard and physically demanding work that requires strong mechanic, electrical, and/or electronic aptitude. Career opportunities exist in refrigeration, electrical, electronic, mechanical, lead, clerk, planning, and supervisory roles.
- Installs replacement belts, filters, gears, chains and valves.
- Rebuilds valves, pumps and gearboxes.
- Troubleshoots pneumatic, electric and hydraulic machine problems and makes necessary repairs.
- Performs repairs to machines involving machine guarding, bolt replacement, breakdowns due to mechanical wear and plumbing.
- Welds machine components.
- Performs preventive maintenance tasks such as lubricating parts, drives chains, etc.
- Handles installations, including hooking up air, water, gas and the alignment and leveling of equipment.
- Complete ALL repair slips given on a daily basis and communicate to the Maintenance Manager if tasks cannot be accomplished before leaving.
- Complete established preventative maintenance duties on a daily basis.
- Basic understanding of how steam works.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or GED, required.
- 2+ years' experience in the maintenance (or related) field, required.
- Ability to weld stainless steel and other related metals, preferred.
- Knowledge of electrical circuits and troubleshooting, preferred.
- Prior experience reading schematics and hydraulic drawings, preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Bilingual, preferred.
- May be required to work long hours and weekends.
Preferred Years Of Experience:2 Year(s)
Education Required:High School
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :