Stat-Land Security Services
Kastle Systems is the leader in managed security, with a track record of introducing innovative technologies to serve over 460M square feet of real estate globally. Clients span the commercial and multifamily real estate, education, and construction industries and the customers they serve. With delivering a world class customer experience driving everything we do, Kastle's mission is to be our customers' best service provider and to make their security the most effective, efficient, and convenient it can be. Kastle's integrated security solution, including access control, video, and remote video monitoring, significantly reduces costs and improves the critically important 24x7 performance for building owners, developers and tenants.
The Installation Technician is responsible to install, supervise and assist in all phases of installing, testing and troubleshooting security, access control and video systems at customer sites. To that end, the Installation Technician interacts directly with the client, client representatives, other contractors and Kastle personnel to ensure a successful installation. The Installation Technician assists the Project Manager planning, scheduling and coordinating activities within installation to ensure that Kastle system install or change orders are provided accurately and on time, and that these services meet or exceed client expectations.
- Installs, tests, and troubleshoots new CCTV, access control, and security systems.
- Ensures that systems are installed properly and on time in accordance with Kastle's procedures and quality control standards.
- Provides feedback and information to identify any potential barriers to timely execution of the project, such as construction delays or changes.
- Communicates with Managers and/or Project Manager to resolve discrepancies or issues.
- Provides regular progress updates to all stakeholders.
- Provides accurate documentation for completed work.
- Responsible for providing proper documentation for inventory control and for maintaining proper inventory for vehicles and projects. Must be available to perform end of year and interim inventory counts.
- Maintains assigned company-owned vehicles, tools, equipment, and individual tool issue.
- Responsible for the behavior and performance of assigned team members.
- Coaches assigned team members on the Kastle installation procedures and quality control standards. Reports any issues to the department Managers.
- Maintains and protects building keys to customer buildings.
- Communicates with customers, customer representatives, contractors and Kastle staff as necessary to install and test equipment.
- Stays up to date and knowledgeable in Kastle services, technology as well as internal processes and procedures.
- 1-5 or more years' successful experience installing access control, video systems or other related electronic systems
- Technical school certificate a plus but not required
- Mechanical aptitude and thorough knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Strong electronics knowledge/background (AC/DC theory, series and parallel circuits, open/close loops) and ability and knowledge to use digital volt meters.
- Knowledge of Serial Communication (RS232, RS485)
- Basic knowledge of IP, Ethernet, and networking protocol and Cat5 technologies.
- Professional construction experience and knowledge of door hardware, electric and mechanical locking devices and building codes pertaining to construction, fire, and electrical systems.
Preferred Years Of Experience:1 Year(s)
Education Required:High School
Salary Range:$18.00 - $25.00
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :