John Carroll University
John Carroll University
University Heights, Ohio 44118
Posting Number: AS428P
The HVAC-Maintenance Worker is responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting commercial and industrial HVAC equipment. The ideal candidate should be experienced in hydronics, comfort cooling and ventilation with emphasis on customer communication and satisfaction. This position is also responsible for routine building maintenance and repair work including minor plumbing, electrical, door/window hardware, etc. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can prioritize work with little supervision and work toward meeting common departmental and organizational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain & repair heating, cooling, DX, and hydronic systems
• Maintain & repair cooling towers
• Maintain & repair gas fired heating systems
• Maintain & repair RTU’s
• Maintain & repair small to medium size DX split systems
• Maintain & repair VAV and multi-zone systems
• Maintain & repair exhaust fans
• Service electrical systems and equipment up to 480 volts
• Able to read HVAC and electrical schematics
• Perform preventative maintenance on equipment
• Maintain & repair plumbing, electrical, door/window hardware, etc.
• Respond to work orders
• Other general maintenance and administrative duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Five years documented HVAC experience in light commercial/commercial environments
• Ability to read blueprints and wiring schematics
• Valid Ohio Driver’s License
• HVAC program completion from an accredited technical college
• EPA 608 Universal License
• Refrigerant Certification
• Building automation systems knowledge at an operator’s level
• Building automation operational controls experience with Andover Continuum, Siemens Apogee, Delta, Trane Tracer Summit and Johnson Controls Metasys
Normal Working Hours and Conditions:
Generally 40 hours per week as assigned. This position will require work performed outside of normal business hours and weekends based on campus needs and participation in an on-call schedule.
Physical Requirements :
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility; to stand, walk or sit for prolonged periods of time; to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight up to fifty pounds; to climb ladders and stairs, work on equipment overhead, to operate equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other office locations and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
About John Carroll University:
John Carroll University is a private, coeducational, Jesuit Catholic university, founded in 1886, dedicated to developing women and men with the knowledge and character to lead and to serve. The University is located in University Heights, Ohio, an attractive residential suburb 10 miles east of downtown Cleveland. Academically, the University consists of the College of Arts and Sciences and the Boler College of Business, which both include graduate programs. The University offers 70 Academic Programs in the arts, social sciences, natural sciences, and business at the undergraduate level, and in select areas at the master’s level. The University enrolls approximately 3,000 undergraduate students and 500 graduate students and has a student-to-faculty ratio of 13:1. John Carroll University is one of 27 Jesuit universities in the United States and has been listed in U.S. News & World Report magazine’s top 10 rankings of Midwest regional universities for more than 30 consecutive years.
John Carroll University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To apply, visit https://jcu.peopleadmin.com/postings/2002
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Preferred Years Of Experience:5 Year(s)
Education Required:High School
Date Posted : 12/30/2020
Share On :