B. Braun Medical
About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
Performs all maintenance functions of production and support equipment in the assigned areas. Work includes routine inspection and repair or replacement of defective or faulty parts on machines and related equipment. All work is to be performed in such a manner as to ensure good workmanship with minimum delay. Additional responsibility for operation, repair, and maintenance of facility utility equipment, including boiler systems, chiller & cooling tower systems, HVAC equipment, air compressors, and other typical plant utility equipment. Required to perform installation, repair, and maintenance of facility & process equipment, and/or buildings & grounds.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Performs scheduled maintenance on manufacturing machines and systems.
- Repairs the malfunction of machines, systems and auxiliary equipment.
- Routinely checks on machinery and systems for signs of fault in order to prevent or minimize downtime and interruptions.
- Initiates improvement on the functionality of machines and equipment to increase its efficiency.
- For more senior position, might act as a team leader to ensure that the work meets agreed targets by directly overseeing team members.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the field's policies, procedures and practices.
- Will become the subject matter expert at higher levels of job.
- Documents activities accordingly.
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Required to apply intermediate working knowledge of technical field/area of specialization. Exercises general application of principles, theories and concepts, and proposes a course of action. Performs Intermediate shop floor competencies.
- Works under direct supervision and from detailed verbal and/or written instructions. Uses established procedures to accomplish assigned task.
- May require some limited judgement in resolving problems
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads, subordinates, and peers. Occasional contact with external contractors/vendors.
Desired experience with boilers, chillers, HVAC and plubming
Manufacturing or large retail experience preferred
Must be available for night shift in the future, 6p-6a rotating schedule
Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- High school diploma/G.E.D or equivalent required
- 2-4 years related experience OR PBS requirements completed and pass assessment at appropriate level.
- Ability to work non-stand schedule as needed, On-call hours as needed
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com..
Through its "Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Salary Range:$26.84 - $26.84
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :