College of the Holy Cross
College of the Holy Cross
Worcester, Massachusetts 01610
About College of the Holy Cross:
Founded in 1843 in Worcester, Massachusetts, the College of the Holy Cross is among the nation's leading liberal arts institutions. A highly selective, four-year, exclusively undergraduate college of 3,000 students, Holy Cross is renowned for offering a rigorous, personalized education in the Jesuit, Catholic tradition.
Holy Cross highly values the unique skills, perspective, talents and passion that each employee contributes to its learning community. To work at The College is to accept an invitation to participate in the growth and development of all campus members--students, faculty and staff. The College's commitment to diversity is an important feature of the Holy Cross education. Informed by the presence of diverse interpretations of the human experience, Holy Cross is building a community marked by freedom, mutual respect, and civility. We seek others who support our values of diversity and inclusiveness. Job candidates of all diverse backgrounds who embrace the open and inclusive culture of Holy Cross are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Plan and perform a wide variety of electrical installation, alteration, repair, and testing procedures to maintain the college electrical, communication, signal, and alarm systems following standard practices and procedures. Work from written or verbal orders and requests, prints, schematic drawings, tables, charts, specifications, and existing codes and set ups.
- Plan installations, do repairs and alterations to college electrical, communications, and alarm systems.
- Work from written or verbal orders, including prints, schematic drawings, tables, charts, specifications, and existing codes and set ups.
- Follow existing codes and safety procedures.
- Use variety of hand and power tools to test meters.
- Maintain work area; keep neat and orderly.
- Portable or temporary systems; Set up and maintain sound systems. Run temporary power cables. Set up for baseball and football games. Perform standby duty at special events.
- Test fire alarm signal and communication at specified times as requested.
- Working on-call duties.
- Check and repair machinery and equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair various machinery and equipment.
- Test motors, pumps, compressors, etc. as required.
- Requisition needed tools and materials to perform work.
- Supervise the work of helpers when needed.
- Wearing of Uniforms: Must be neat with clean-cut appearance.
- Keep Mass Electrician's license requirements fulfilled. Take courses as needed to fulfill code requirement.
- Massachusetts Electrician License with 5 years of experience working as a Licensed Electrician required. Experience with computerized building security, energy or fire detection systems will be a plus.
- Be available for on-call duty, keeping a beeper on during required weekends.
- Safety Awareness and Understanding of Risk Management
To mitigate the spread and effects of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, College of the Holy Cross requires that all successful applicants show proof of full, up-to-date vaccination (including a booster dose once eligible) by an FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine before beginning employment, unless an accommodation exempting the applicant from this policy has been granted. Applicants who wish to request an accommodation based on a disability or sincerely-held religious belief should inform Human Resources after an offer of employment is extended; please do not include any medical, genetic, or religious information in your application materials.
This position is classified as non-exempt level position for purposes of the federal wage and hour law.
This position is full-time and comes with benefits as described here.
The College of the Holy Cross is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
A member of the Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts (HECCMA).
Please attach resume and cover letter if possible, otherwise, please submit an online application.
Should you be a candidate for further consideration after hiring manager review, you will be contacted by a human resources representative.
To apply, visit https://holycross.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=154960
The College of the Holy Cross is a highly selective Catholic liberal arts college in the Jesuit tradition. It enrolls about 3,000 students and is located in a medium-sized city 45 miles west of Boston. The College seeks faculty members whose scholarship, teaching, advising, and on- and off-campus service demonstrate commitment to the educational benefits of a richly diverse community. Holy Cross aspires to meet the needs of dual-career couples, in part through its membership in Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts (http://www.heccma.org) and the New England Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (https://new-england.hercjobs.org/)
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Preferred Years Of Experience:5 Year(s)
Date Posted : 10/31/2022
Share On :